Saturday, July 04, 2009

Audrey Tautou in "Coco Before Chanel"

It's a little weird to be blogging about a French Film on the Fourth of July, but I digress.

Yesterday, I went to see Whatever Works (Not as bad as the reviews would have you believe, but Vicky Cristina Barcelona was definitely better), and a trailer for Coco Before Chanel played. I had no idea this movie existed, but now that I do, I can't wait to see it! Audrey plays Coco Chanel when she was just an upstart paying her bills as a seamstress. (Sorry if the trailer looks weird.)


At the risk of getting all Entertainment Tonight here, might it be possible that Amélie has a shot at an Oscar this time around? I mean this decade, Oscar has been all about Biopics, from Ray to Capote to The Last King of Scotland to Milk. Heck, she wouldn't even be the first French actress nominated for a biopic!

I'm planning on checking it out when it comes my way, regardless. Also, here's a recent Chanel ad with Audrey:

Labels: , , , , , ,