Thursday, July 19, 2007

I keep a diary.

My birthday went well. I went to Ithaca, got a lot of stuff done, and recieved some very good news.

I like to keep a diary. I have a notebook. It is a composition bound notebook with an op-art design. The notebook began as a way to chronicle my current projects, but now I just jot down things I see and ideas I have.

For example. Last night, I watched Cameron Crowe's Singles, which I rented from Netflix. The movie, though a linear narrative, was divided up into parts, which were defined by titles. The titles had grungy white lettering juxtaposed against a random photograph--very post-modern, early '90s grunge.

A couple of weeks ago, I watched Metropolis. There were a few frames with a lot of eyes put together. That was something I found interesting, and perhaps if I find a need for it, I'll put it to use. Or maybe I should originate my own interesting images.