Monday, December 03, 2007

Stockpiling (Pun Intended)

Well, we've had some pretty crazy weather for the last 48 hours, so I've been shut in. I have today off, so I spent it working on the bylaws for my MFP. Once I'm done with the bylaws, I plan on drawing up a plan and a budget. Then I'll seek out a pro bono lawyer on Craigslist who will take a place on my board of directors as well.

This morning, I ordered two HD MiniDV tapes from Edgewise Media. I also spent a good chunk of the day looking at Pro8mm's website and their different types of film stock. I know it seems kinda moot in the digital era, but I'm very fascinated with Super 8. I'm seriously thinking about shooting a short with it once the organization is finalized. With film stock, however, I know I'm going to want to write a more elaborate script.

As for the MiniDV HD tapes, I'm going to start working on my documentary on the SXSW trip once I recieve them. I can't wait.

Finally, Joe Swanberg had some nice things (okay, an understatement) to say about my Mumblecore Video on SpoutBlog in an interview with Karina Longworth. But I've already elaborated on that here.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,