Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ah-ha!

Thursday Night, I was thinking about the options I had when it came to raising money to buy equipment to make my movie. I was looking at The Script Department's offerings. "Junior Story Notes" would set me back about $300. Not terrible at all. But you know what? I don't care enough to haul out one of my old scripts anymore. There's just something inside of me that said, "That's not what you want to do."

Out of desperation, I punched in "Wedding Videos" at Amazon.com, and came up with this, which led me to videouniversity.com, which led me to Professional Video Producer, a "home-study" course on how to start your own video business. If I'm going to spend a lot of money on equipment, I might as well put it to constructive use. And being just under $150, that's only half as much as what I'd have to pay for "Junior Story Notes".

Unfortunately, the whole crux to Indigenity was going to be how I was going to pay all this off. Maybe it's a sign that there are better things ahead. I always wanted to shoot videos for a living, but I just didn't know how to go about it.

Labels: , , ,