Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Ha! I got it!

The whole idea behind this book project I've been working on the past several months was just to figure out what works for me. I think. Maybe I will write that book someday, but right now I want to work on putting my money where my mouth is.

Once again, I found myself seriously considering the idea of setting up shop as a "script consultant", but script consultants are for people who want their script to be bought by someone else. And I don't really like the way the studio system works, so there's no point in aiding and abetting them. It's just more grief for me.

Instead, I've decided that I'm going to pursue videography. I'm willing to put forth the effort to promote myself...plus, I have an excuse to buy the equipment I want. I'm going to start working in that direction as soon as I can get around to drawing up a business plan.

I have to work tomorrow, but I have Thursday through Saturday off. I know I said that I was going to use the time to start working on the movie, but I really don't have anything yet. But I'm getting there. I'm starting to get the idea of writing for an audience. Once I can envision an audience, then I can envision a movie.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Labels: , , , , ,