Sunday, December 09, 2007

Cocooning After Christmas

Well, I've slated to take off five days at Christmas. We're closed on the 25th, and I requested the 26th through the 29th off. And I have one goal: to get something written.

A script for the movie I want to shoot, hopefully. With my job, it's been hard to make a long term commitment to any project. To go from relative solitude to the chaos of working at a supermarket can be very jarring. Working front end register can be intensely stressful. Hopefully, I'll have my driver's license soon, and from there on out, things should be full speed ahead.

But I'm getting off track. I feel it's a little weird to be working on the script already. For too long, I've been trying to figure out where the money's going to come from, but right now I don't care. I have a feeling that once I have an idea for a movie, in place, the rest will fall into place. I'm actively thinking about the kind of things I want to write. I need to stop worrying about fitting into any mold, drop any pretension, and just WRITE. The audience will be there.

Labels: , , , , , , ,