Sunday, December 16, 2007

Niley in Love

The weather has been really crazy the past week and a half, with snow coming down. I was actually let out of work early tonight so that I wouldn't have to face anything worse later.

Hardly anyone was there today, but yesterday, it was a mob scene! Nonetheless, I managed to get some thinking done. I got reminiscing about what made me want to write that book I was working on. Remember that book? Anyway. This is the original quote that got me inspired, from the anthology The Practices of Psychoanalytic Criticism:

"Aristotleian criticism assumes a character is that wich reveals moral purpose. As a moral agent that makes choices, it encounters other moral forces in the process of working out an action."


I wanted to understand what was meant by "moral purpose", because perhaps this is why mainstream script analysts use Aristotleian Theory. (There's a lot more behind my reasoning, but it would take forever to explain.) Aristotle was a great philosopher, but the man hardly had the last word on storytelling.

In the six months of research I've done, I think I've answered that question. I hope to start doing some writing soon. What form will it take? I don't know.

Right now, I'm writing a new Hot Teen News video. Miley and Nick Jonas are officially a pair, FTW!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,