Monday, July 23, 2007

Erin's Wish List, Installment #1

I have decided that I'm going to post a list of things of stuff I want, plus pictures to accompany them. To be kind of honest, I'm not really worried about my movie right now, but it takes awhile for these types of things to come to pass.


Never underestimate the importance of a good boompole. At the moment, I have a table top mic stand that I bought for $10 at Radio Shack. I already have to superglue the mic holder back on. It does an adequate job of holding the microphone, but if I'm going to take on more serious projects, I want more serious equipment.


Canon XL-2 Camera. I have been seriously considering videography as a new profession. However, if I'm going to do that, I know I want to upgrade my camera. My current camera is wonderful, but not quite pro. The fun thing about the XL2 is that it has HD and 24P options--what I'm aiming for. Unfortunately, it also retails at $4k, so either I'll have to rent one if I want to use it, or I'll have to get really, really lucky.


I know I can definitely use a palmtop recorder. I'd love to have an audio recorder that has crystal clear sound, and it will save a lot of money when it comes time to do voice overs. At $150, it's not a bad price.


The final item on my wish list isn't really so much for me as it is for the people who will score my next movie. I really love the vintage moog sound, and I have heard this program, the Arturia MiniMoog V, comes closer to replicating that sound than the one they currently have on the market.

I can't wait to get my hands on these items.

Labels: , , , , , , ,