Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Now I Have It

Last night at work, for reasons I don't know, I began listing the items I will need to include in the budget for my movie. Actually, earlier in the day, I was reading this article, and in particular, the sidebar by Joe Swanberg. It cost him only $2K to do Kissing on the Mouth, minus the transfer to DigiBeta (and a few other expenses).

When I made Are You From Bingo?, I tried to keep those other expenses in mind--namely, the festival submission fees. Of course, it didn't get into any festivals at that time. But whatever. Here's the list of things I came up with:


    Camera Rental
    Food
    Batteries
    Tapes
    DigiBeta/HD Transfer
    Gaffer Tape (?)
    First Aid
    Festival Fees
    Soundtrack Expenses
    External HD


This budget is not final. I'm sure I'll think of other things as I go along. I don't even have a script yet, but I do have ideas...

In other news, I watched Inland Empire tonight. I fell asleep about a 1/2 hour or so into the movie, but up until then, it was good. At nearly three hours, I thought it dragged on. I can understand firsthand not wanting to be comprimising, but this movie should have been split into two parts, a la Kill Bill. I liked the closing credits, which had the cast dancing to Nina Simone's "Sinner Man". That was awesome.

Labels: , , , , ,